Unfortunately, no, we cannot remove your account and all of your data from our database. Due to database integrity reasons, user accounts are not removed from CheapCheapLah.
We do however, allow users to deactivate their account.
To deactivate your account,
- Go to your Settings page.
- Click on “Deactivate account” link near the bottom of the page.
- Optionally select a reason why you wish to have your account deactivated.
- Click on “Confirm”, and your account would be deactivated.
These are what will happen when your account is deactivated:
- Your account will be “Blocked” and you will not be able to login.
- Your profile page will become inaccessible to others.
- Your email subscriptions will be removed.
- Your user name will be anonymised to “DisabledUser<uid>”
Having your account deactivated means you do not wish to participate on CheapCheapLah anymore. This means that:
- You will not be able to log back into that account
- You cannot create a new account.
- If you wish to have a username change, DO NOT deactivate your account. Change your username in the settings page or TWAM to have your username updated. See changing your username.
- If you would like come back to CheapCheapLah, contact support to have your old account “restored”. Note that users who repeatedly deactivate and request for reactivation may have their request denied.
- If you really do not want to use your old account and have a convincing reason for it, you shall also contact CheapCheapLah support to clarify the situation before new account is created.