- Be descriptive – a title that just says “Big Sale at Isetan” is much less useful than a title that says “Kids Wear 70% off Sale at Isetan Tampines Store Only”
- Don't be spammy – a title should be clear, concise, informative and unbiased, i.e. providing sufficient information to let other members to decide whether it is a good deal. Marketing speak and personal opinions create bias.
- Mention if users need to Like on Facebook, Retweet on Twitter, or perform some other online task to acquire the deal.
- Product model. May include relevant - but brief - specifications such as screen size.
- Price. May include discount or saving (e.g. “$2 off” or “half price) if space allows. However, the price should NOT include any referral discounts or cashback (commission refunds) - include that in the deal description instead.
- Shipping cost. Exact cost if known or approximate range.
- Location. District (e.g. Orchard) if specific to an area. If a VPN is required to obtain the deal, please add 'VPN Required' to the title.
- Advertising phrases or emojis. Like “Great price 🤑!”, “Hurry!” and most other things with an exclamation mark. Good deals speak for themselves, and the community will ultimately decide with their votes. Advertising phrases annoy users and waste space that could be used to communicate relevant information.
- Too many specifications. Specifications become meaningless when there are too many numbers and letters. Less vital specifications should be included in the description instead.
- If a model number/code is specified in the title, it should provide sufficient information for other members to find out the exact specifications.
- Personal opinions. Please leave any personal opinions about the deal in the post description, and keep the title clear and concise. This applies to both positive and negative views.
- Spelling errors.
- Acersus EeeWind 1234 netbook w/ Atom 1GHz CPU & 10” screen - $499 + $19 shipping - acme.com.sg
- BEST BARGIN EVER - cheap 1234 net computer - not many at this price save $100! warranty
Last edited by JSQUARED on 2017/05/04 16:33