Spend $10+, Get $2 Back at "New Dining Merchants" (American Express Cards) inc. Big Fish Small Fish
This deal reminded me of this AMEX deal that I recalled seeing in my AMEX SG app.
Spend $10+ in one transaction, get a $2 statement credit. Ideal way to spend this would obviously be to split at $10, pay with your AMEX(s), and pay the remaining with your preferred card. If your AMEX is your preferred card, then you don't need to split so much to optimise this.
Reasons for splitting:
- Have a preferred card (such as OCBC 360) for dining with greater cashback on the remaining amount
- Trying to hit minimum spend to reach Credit Card sign-up bonus thresholds
- Trying to hit monthly minimum spend to ensure you receive a higher cashback on your Credit Card
- Wanting to use FavePay/GrabPay/MilesLife for the remaining amount
Of course, whether or not you'll be allowed to split would be down to the merchant.
The list of participating merchants in full, including address is here, and all appear to be restaurants/eateries.
List of merchants:
- Bakery Brera And Fine Foods
- Big Fish Small Fish (appears to be all locations: one-north, Tampines Mall, Yishun Northpoint City, Punggol, Bugis)
- Good Old Days Bistro - had their Acai bowl and Ice Cream once. Acai bowl was meh. Ice Cream was ok (how bad can Ice Cream be though?)
- Lemuel Chocolate
- Osaka Owl
- Poppy Pops
- Rise & Grind Coffee Co.
- Spice Grill Restaurant
- The Caffeine Experience
- Two Bakers